Sunday, March 31, 2013

How to make Funfetti cupcakes even more Fun!

I love baking. I think it's so relaxing and it's the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I usually go for those really intricate recipes that take several hours and leave a whole sink full of dishes, but last weekend I was in the need of something different. At 7pm on Saturday night I got home from the gym and I needed to whip-up some birthday cupcakes before heading to my friend's place in two hours. While I'm sure my friends would have been happy with some regular funfetti cupcakes, I had a reputation to uphold, so I decided to jazz them up a little bit. I made rainbow colored tie-dye birthday cupcakes! So since this isn't a real recipe, and I just followed the funfetti box directions, I'll just tell this story through pictures:


Don't they look cool?! The colors came out so bright and everyone loved them.
So basically, once you follow the regular box directions- you split the batter up into six different cups.
Then you dye each cup a different color bu adding a little drop of food coloring at a time and stirring, continuing until you get the desired color.
Add one teaspoon of each batter to the cupcake pans. This was the most time consuming part, but it doesn't have to be perfect- using two teaspoons to scoop and then scrape was the fastest method I came up with. 
And obviously do purple to all of them first, then blue, then green, etc. (That may seem self explanatory but I know one of you out there was going cup by cup!) They looked so pretty and bright in the pan that I didn't want to bake them!

And there you have it! Add some silly icing, some sprinkles, and you have a really fun, funfetti cupcake surprise! 


And sticking with the fun theme.. here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7yCLn-O-Y0




No comments:

Post a Comment